Tuesday, November 10, 2009

50s Prime Time Cafe S'mores

My sister and I had these S'mores when we visited Walt Disney World last May.  They are available at the 50s Prime Time Cafe, but since we didn't have a reservation we decided to order them from the adjacent bar, the Tune-In Lounge.  It is great to know that if you can get a seat at the bar you can order from the full Prime Time menu.  Our bartenter/waitress was really nice too.

We each had one of their fancy cocktails and shared this dessert.  Too bad that the S'mores looked so good that we just started eating right away and forgot to take a picture.  Here is a picture of our drinks... Dad's Electric Lemonade and Grandma's Picnic Punch. 



I love the glowing ice cubes!

So, the recipe for the S'mores is really easy.  So easy that I can't believe that I haven't made them in my kitchen before. 

First I placed graham crackers (I used lowfat.. which is so funny since these things drip with chocolate, but every little bit helps) on the covered broiler pan.  Topped the crackers with Hershey chocolate bar squares (a good use for my leftover Halloween chocolate bars).  Then big marshmellows.





I then put them under the broiler and kept a close watch on them.  They browned up in less than 2 minutes, so you want to make sure you are there to take them out as soon as they are done. 





Then I just plated them and gave it an artistic squirt of chocolate syrup, just like they do in WDW.




Ok, they might not look just as pretty as they do in WDW, but they were very yummy.  The 50s Prime Time Cafe charges $4.79 for this dessert, and I made two servings which would go for $9.58.  The full packages of the ingredients that I needed for this recipe cost less that this, and of course I have plenty of crackers, marshmellows, etc leftover for future recipes.  So, considering how little effort this took, it is a no-brainer to make these at home!

If you do want to go to Walt Disney World to try the original, contact me at http://www.kingdomplanners.com/ and we will help you plan a magical vacation!





2 comments:

  1. Yum! Those look great! I love that restaurant. Now, do you have your family look at the viewfinder before you serve the smores? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DELISH!!!!!! They look better then the ones I make in my microwave ;)
    I love the glowing ice cubes too! I have a collection of them in my freezer from over the years!! REALLY Fun!!

    ReplyDelete